View Single Post
Old 10-16-12, 04:37 PM
SR Team Goof

D.J. Mbenga arrested for public intoxication in Dallas

D.J. Mbenga — not on an NBA roster since he was waived two weeks ago by the Mavericks — was arrested in Dallas Monday early Tuesday morning for public intoxication, reports the Dallas Morning News.

Mbenga was reportedly leaving a Dallas area restaurant around 4 a.m. when he ran into some police then ran into some trouble.

As Mbenga was trying to leave the restaurant, two Dallas police officers were walking in.

The 7-1 center put his palm on the chest of one of the cops and said, “You move out of my way.”

The officer stopped and said, “You don’t touch police, let alone make that statement.”

To which Mbenga — perhaps, in hindsight, inadvisably — responded: “You want to go? I do what I want, so you move out of the way!”

Perhaps inadvisably?

The report said it didn’t take long before officers realized the 31-year-old Mbenga was intoxicated. That led to a fun trip to the police station.

There have been rumors of teams (including the Raptors) interested in him, at least as a possibility in case of injury to a player on the roster. This arrest doesn’t really help that cause.

Related link: Report: Bynum to start practice Oct. 24, conditioning an issue | ProBasketballTalk