View Single Post
Old 10-14-12, 08:10 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Powell has atitude. I like it... Some don't...

Remember who else had "attitude" and helped us win titles?

Mario Elie
Robert Horry

I think the Spurs need that!

Now this...

* *Mild-mannered Josh Powell flashed a little attitude late in Wednesday’s game, staring down the Atlanta bench after drilling a long jump shot. He was sheepish when asked about the incident on Thursday, declining to discuss who he was staring at while promising he won’t do it again for however long he’s in San Antonio.

“I had a moment and I apologized for it,” said Powell, who had his second strong performance in a row with a team-high 14 points. “This is a traditional organization and I respect that.*I shouldn’t have done that. I already had a talk with Coach about it. I was wrong for doing it.”

* Having played for six teams in six seasons, Powell has experienced a wide variety of styles during his journeyman NBA career. But even after suiting up for a championship organization in the Lakers, he said the Spurs are unique.

“A lot of teaching,” he said. “A lot of these guys have been here for years and have an understanding of what’s going on. A lot of these guys can police themselves.*It’s a great group of guys, the veterans, and you get to learn a lot.”