View Single Post
Old 08-22-12, 07:45 AM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
The guy was a very late first round pick. What do you expect? Also if he was born in the U.S. then I guess he would not be a bust. Seems like foreign players have to be All Stars as soon as their sneakers hit the floor in an NBA game. Look at all the Rubio haters they claimed he sucked pointing to his stats. I'm a stats guy BUT.........Funny thing is Euro leagues do not play 48 minute games! Also the teams play almost the entire roster in the all the games. No short rotations. So people's views on foreign basketball players is so warped it shows their lack of basketball knowledge. I repeat he is not a bust! Look at where he was drafted folks!
I wanna say he was drafted 28th but during that draft year he was actually projected as a late lottery pick. Of course you always have that one player "slip through the crack" on draft day and fall in your lap. That happened to be Tiago for us, but to get back on track.....Splitter was projected a lot higher in the draft then he went, so I honsetly think the draft argument is pointless....anyways, I'm still waiting to see what he does this year before for I make a judgement call. Clearly, he has not performed up to expectations as the Spanish league MVP, just sayin