View Single Post
Old 07-18-12, 05:17 PM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by katyspursfan View Post
Oh no! I'm fine with the potential that Leonard has shown. I'm (Pop mode) "thrilled" with what I hear about how he's doing.

But, if the Spurs have to rely on their best perimeter defender to also be the second best scorer, then there are other problems on the team. I'd love to be proven wrong, with Leonard going for 18+ while playing lock down defense.

However, I think that the role he will be asked to play next year will be similar to the Bowen role. Play defense like a mutha, and be ready for the occasional shot. Get to the spot you like, and Tony will find you when he needs to. And get back on defense.
Maybe I just have really high expectation from this kid. But how many folks have said he's a Iggy/Marion/Deng/G. Wallace type of player? If they can avg. 15-18 ppg while still playing good D, I see no reason why he can't. I think he's easily has the above mentioned players abilities....we shall see!