View Single Post
Old 07-02-12, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuncaboylu View Post
Yes, since 2 reasons:

1- Same aged KG will play 3 more years after resigning with Boston and KG is playing 4 more years in NBA.

2- We should guarantee that Duncan will not retire after 2 years. I want to see him on court at least 3 more years.
i hate to say it, but Duncan wore down faster than KG did. KG played below average all season while Duncan played above average (not great, but better than good). KG turned it on all around in the playoffs, while Duncan had spurts here and there. the part that makes me worry about depending on Duncan too much for too long is that we had depth all year while the Celtics had no depth and KG was able to keep his legs while Duncan didn't. you can't really compare the 2. if you did, then you'd have to say Duncan should take less than KG for the fact he's worn down greatly in the playoffs compared to the regular season.

also with Manu being a FA next year along with SJax, Duncan taking up cap space for 3-4 years would basically have us in a handcuffed situation with an old cornerstone going into the lottery.