View Single Post
Old 05-11-12, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esparzar1 View Post
Two best, yes. But I'd argue 3, 4 and 5 play for San Antonio, as do 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12. Chalmers could probably be the Spurs' 10th man if he applied himself; he's the fourth-best payer on Miami. That's why I'd take San Antonio.
even at this stage of his career, Duncan is more effective overall on both ends than Bosh (although because of his team, youth, and name, people will pick him over Duncan). Parker for sure is going to torch Chalmers, but for the 2-3 positions anything those guys give us will be gravy on the offensive/defensive end. i don't want to go into a column type post, but also remember, as good as Lebron/Wade are, we do have 2 guys coming off the bench in those positions who would be starters for any other team and that'll be difficult for a guy like Battier to come off the bench and defend like he has (when he's done well, he's defended a guy who's been worn and defended Lebron).

the wild card in all this will be Diaw. Duncan will probably guard their C and Diaw will guard Bosh. i don't know how Spoelstra will guard our bigs, but whoever he has on Diaw will be susceptible to foul. last time we played the Heat, we also got torched late in the game, so Lebron/Wade will have theirs. i do wonder what Pop will do on defense though.

that's just guessing if the Heat win....with Rondo playing like he does vs. the Heat, i wouldn't put it past Boston beating them in the ECF either and Boston would be a WAY better matchup for us than the Heat (and i think we matchup favorably with Miami)