View Single Post
Old 04-29-12, 11:30 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
AND this will be Guapo's legacy

i don't think so. if we win a title (big IF), we'll have our bigs locked up next year if Diaw is re-signed, which will be a big priority. we have a team option on Blair and if Boris comes back, he'll most likely be let go to cement our core for the season (Duncan/Splitter/Diaw/Bonner). we won't need a big and if we do, it'll have to be a veteran or raw young guy who can sit most of the season and spot minutes to bigs (this is where the Ryan Richards or that other dude we got from Indiana in the trade come in).

if we have money, we'll be looking to replace Danny Green if he leaves. that will be our biggest priority if it comes to free agents outside this team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spurduncan21 View Post
I like the subtraction of Blair and addition of lorbek. However I would love to see the spurs retain Diaw after this season and even a bigger role for splitter next year in what will be his last year of contract I think. Although the spurs have fielded their deepest team ever this year, they can do it again next year I hope
Blair's option is for $1M. That's less than the veteran minimum. Why on earth would the Spurs not resign him? When money is a limiting factor in what a team can acquire, you don't just cut talent when it comes so cheap.

Last edited by b1gdon; 04-29-12 at 11:34 AM.