View Single Post
Old 04-25-12, 04:43 PM
Moderator in Flip Flops

Quote:
Originally Posted by katyspursfan View Post
So, you are comparing Timmy to the devil? (Soze reference)
That's a bit strong.

I find it humorous that, depending on the post, Spurs fans either want to
1. Fly under the radar
2. Complain about lack of national coverage

Some posts even manage to include both!

Regardless of intentions, desires or requirements, the playoffs start this weekend.
16 wins are all that's needed.

Like Joe, I like the Spurs' chances. No guarantees, but a healthy team has as good a chance as any. HCA throughout the West. Only CHI in the East can beat it.
Let it begin.
KSF, Timmy is not the devil and I don't use the reference literally. My comparison is how the Media, even though the Spurs are right in front of them, they do NOT SEE them, and the Spurs probably do their best to keep it that way, that is as well as a team can winning like they are doing now.

The thing that really bothers me is that the question always brought up by the media is

"The Spurs were #1 last year, what happened and why won't it happen again this year?"

As if what happens one year has any real bearing as to what happens this year. Pardon me for giving props to the mavs, but most people had them knocked out by the blazers in round one. Proved those people wrong didn't they?

cowherd on sportsnation asked former NBA exec Tom Penn if he believes the Spurs could go through grizzlies/thunder/heat with the main cogs still being older? Penn stated unequivocally "YES". cowherd looked sheepish and admitted he would be eating a lot of crow if this were to happen. To which Penn said, there will be plenty to go around...

Two more things, the Spurs still have a chance at getting the top overall seed from the bulls. They have to play the pacers who want to send a message that they will be a force to reckon with in the playoffs. C'mon G. Hill, help your old team out.
Lost in all this is the Spurs have a chance to continue their streak of winning at least 50 games. They would have to win out, but there is a chance. A streak that was only interrupted by the strike shortened season of '99 where they only played 50 games. That season would have prorated to a 61 win team by the way, while this season it would prorate to 62 wins should they win 50 games. The season before '99 was Timmy's rookie year and the Spurs won over 50 games.

Still, the only thing that matters is the trophy as we all know. Pop maybe mum about a lot of things, but he doesn't need to tell us what his ultimate goal. At the end of the day, we all agree...
Pass is PINPOINT PERFECT
and somebody ends up WIDE OPEN
No Flash No Gimmicks NO CHANCE OF STOPPING IT
IT'S THE QUIET GUYS YOU SHOULD FEAR
because words are small and GAME IS BIG

GO GO!

I AM NINJA!
"We will either find a way, or make one."
~Hannibal~