View Single Post
Old 08-16-10, 08:11 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
You stated before on here 5 years 75 million without your conditional championship considerations. I say keep him BUT not give him max money. He declares wanting max or wants to go to NY so be it. I just hope if they do move him they get value now and not do a sh*tty sign and trade were the Spurs get crummy bottom of the barrell first rounders and super high numbered second rounders for him.(Bosh/James) I think the wait and see appraoch is going to backfire on the Spurs if it goes any further.
I thought about this more, and there are 2 sides to the coin

1. Tony Parker is a great player, but not quite a max player. We would do the 5 yr 75 mil thing here

2. Tony Parker is a future all star that can lead us to championships after Duncan retires. We do a max contract here.

Of those 2 options, I would chose the 2nd. If Tony steps up, and leads us to a championship we have a future. If Tony doesn't, we still need to find that guy. . . . and they are hard to find. Tony deserves 5 yrs, 75 mil based on past performance. I hope he earns a max for his performance this year.