Immigration reform is necessary. I don't buy the garbage that 70% of Americans support this law. If they do, they are ignorant of the facts when it comes to UNDOCUMENTED immigration. Immigration has always been a part of United States history. Many folks look down upon immigrants today. Yet, many of them are the descendants of immigrants who were part of what believed to be the scum of America. Italians, Greeks, Romanians, and the Irish among others were considered the garbage of American society at one point. They underwent the same process many Mexicans are currently undergoing. How many of you (and I ask this in a polite manner) knew that the first anti-immigration laws were racist and targeted certain folks? I'll let you guess who they targeted in the late 1800s and early 1900s.
1. You failed to provide any information "facts" about undocumented immigration.
2. 70% support it, and you better believe it.
3. Immigration is what is started AND help make this country.... legal immigration
| Many folks look down upon immigrants today. Yet, many of them are the descendants of immigrants who were part of what believed to be the scum of America. |
To me this is just a failed attempt to avoid the real issue that people have with ILLEGAL immigration. You can't argue the many legitimate issues that surround it, so you try to attack the character of the people that oppose it. You don't care to address the medical, welfare, and social security benefits that these people manage to obtain without ever having put a dime into it. You don't seem to care about the many illegals that are criminals and commit crimes against our legal citizens. You surely don't care about the potential of all of them gaining amnesty in order to pad the liberal vote.
5. So any past legislation that "is" racist must mean this law is racist? right?
6. You have failed to mention any fairness to those that immigrate legally.
7. When I go to the bank, I have to prove who I am. When I apply for a loan, I have to prove who I am. When I use a credit card, I have to prove who I am. When I get pulled over I have to prove who I am. When I am in another country, I MUST have my passport to prove I am there legally. We are required every single day to prove our identity and citizenship, and illegals should be no different.
Before you begin to attack the ethics and character of people that support this, you had better bring a better argument than what you just posted. You sound like a freshmen college student regurgitating some liberal college professor BS.
Every last one of us are descendants of immigrants. Otherwise you are visiting here from another country or you were born of illegal immigrants. You are foolish to think we don't realize it.