View Single Post
Old 06-07-10, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
The point is, Tony is younger and has been healthy for the playoffs except for this year. Manu is older and has been affected by injuries at the end of the year the last 3 years. Bottom line. What you're saying is that if Tony were healthy at the beginning of the year TD and Manu wouldn't have to play as much at the beginning of the season. BS. Even when they are all healthy, they still play the same amount of minutes per game because Pop is aware that they cannot play alot of minutes over a whole season.
-younger doesn't mean less injury prone

-wasn't that a point I made? that he gets hurt early in the year?

-
2008 was the same injury as 2009 and reports said the ankle was gonna give out sooner than later, so even if he wouldn't have played in the Olympics, it would've given out on him during the season. having Dirk elbow you in the nose is NOT being injury prone, it's a freak accident. it could've happened to anyone else.

-and of course you miss the whole point of: when Tony is hurt, that puts more wear and tear on Manu and Tim, regardless of minutes. i know you're a bit stubborn, but this is quite ridiculous. if Tim played 25 minutes a game and every play went through him on 4 Down, he'd be more worn down than playing 35 minutes where he'd play a run-n-gun style and just play defense or offense. my point was, minutes are just half of the equation. Duncan had the offense and carried us through the first part of the season because of Parker's injuries and that wore him down. more or less minutes is just part of the equation, the bigger part of it is that he wore down because he had to do more in those minutes, thanks to Parker's injuries.