View Single Post
Old 06-06-10, 03:15 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryhn View Post
And maybe I'm the only one, but Splitter is not what we need. He's a really a little more athletic version of Rasho. I fail to see how he would have helped in the Phoenix series. MLE money? I say we trade his rights. I bet Mahinmi could be just as good and for cheaper.
How familiar are you with Splitter? He isn't at all like Rasho. He is not that lengthy at all, and plays with more power. He made large strides over last year in his strength and power game. Besides, if Ian was going to be any good, the Spurs would have picked up their option on him. Do you think the Spurs didn't pick up the option so they can re-sign him for more money? Give up on the dream man, Mahimni isn't playing here next year (but I bet Bonner does).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
Soooo people are ok with giving Manu 13 million per year, after he had two injury plaqued seasons and was technically injured this playoffs and wasn't worth squat after the broken nose? Please, Tony is at least worth what Manu got. And this was his most injury plaqued season since he got into the NBA.
Parker made 12millions+- this year. 5 years 75 mill is just a 1 mill raise per year. That seems fair to me. Tony should make as much as Manu or a little more because he is younger. (13mil + 14mil + 15mil + 16mil +17mil)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
Manu's contract is back loaded, meaning he'll get more later. next year he's getting $11 million, then $13 million, which technically helps the Spurs because once the contract gets older (as Manu), he could be good trade bait with a big deal (like RJ is right now).

no way to compare Tony and Manu though, although i would pay Manu more than Tony for numerous reasons:

Manu makes everyone better and everyone enjoys playing alongside him because he moves the ball

Manu is much more versatile than Parker. he's basically a PG in a SG's body at this point in his career

Manu overall players better D than Parker. Parker's D consists of his O because he wears his opponents out
Funny. . . . . Last offseason it was Manu Ginobili who needed to be traded and was making more money, and was a big injury risk so we should trade him. So Now You Turn On Tony!

Last edited by choppsboy; 06-06-10 at 03:22 PM.