View Single Post
Old 10-09-09, 06:37 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by obijon80 View Post
Leftists never fail to accept questionable reasoning and idol worship from fellow leftists.

Barney, the Purple Dinosaur, has inspired and educated many children across the world, not to mention encouraging them to treat each other with respect and dignity, and I'm sure he was never even nominated.

Bill Clinton, who's actually done something, would have been a much better choice, in my opinion.
It's amazing how the Nobel PEACE PRIZE stopped being significant when Al Gore--villain of the right!--won it. If there was a disagreement with the prize before then, it surely wasn't as public and politicized as it is now.

I don't know that President Obama has done "enough" to merit his winning of the prize. I'm not on the selection committe. It seems to me, from this outsider's armchair, that his award is more along the lines of "stay the course" instead of rewarding achievement.

That said, it's sad how the President's detractors are now using his winning of this prize as an excuse to fling even more vile rhetoric his way. Let's see, he's already: the anti-christ; Hitler; a Muslim extremist in hiding; an illegal alien usurper; a communist; etc.

Far be it from me to see how this could make the wingnuts go any more, well, nuts.

Here's a comprehensive list of the Peace Prize winners. Feel free to pick through and discard those whom you feel were undeserving (too lib'rul!).

From the rest of us: Congratulations, and stay the course.