View Single Post
Old 09-09-09, 02:20 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith Lord View Post
I didn't need to hear the President challenge me to become a better student, or to graduate, or to go to college, or to succeed after college.

I didn't need inspiration from the President.

When are parents going to take responsibility for the growth of their children? I know everyone is different, and we all have our own drives and passions, but quite frankly, I am growing tired of people not taking responsibility for themselves to the point that the government feels they HAVE to get involved.

I saw a news clip this evening, and they interviewed an African American woman (here in Dallas) who thought the speech was great, and thought those who opposed were being ignorant.

Forgive me to profiling/stereotyping, but she was wearing a camouflage hat crooked, a t-shirt with holes, and daisy duke-like jean shorts. And although she could be a terrific parent and very involved with her children, there are literally ten's of thousands of women in Dallas who are not. If you are a parent, and you only NOW realize that your children's education is important, then it upsets me that you are in the gene pool. If you can't instill how important school is to your child to the point where they themselves want to succeed, then this country is in MASSIVE trouble.

Sith
Just because you didnt need this speech doesnt mean others didnt. yes, parents should be the ones to inspire their children, but not all of them do. Why is it inappropriate for our president to try and do so?? I agree whole heartedly that some people should not be allowed to reproduce until they can prove they are responsible enough, but it doesnt work that way. How or why would you be tired of our government feeling obligated to encourage our youth to stay in school?? I thought that was good thing, and it's not hurting anyone. Seems like some people will find any little thing to get mad about if their political party is not in office.