View Single Post
Old 09-04-09, 10:01 AM
SpursReport Team Member

1. HR3200 is over 1,000 pages long. Really? Does it really take that much wording to reform health care? No. There is no telling what is in that document, and to try and rush it through just stinks to high heaven. Some in congress have even admitted to not know exactly what the bill says on certain points.

2. The bill may not say you have to take the public option, and it might not say we are going to a single pay system...BUT...those are things that will come in time. That is the goal. Democrats have pushed for this for decades. They know they are not going to do it over night, but this will get them there fast.

3. Many from both sides can be viewed as lying, because the bill is so vague and convoluted. It will years for it to affect certain aspects of our current system.. Right now our information comes from the liberal media on one side and Fox News on the other along with talk radio, and they're just screaming back and forth pointing fingers. There is no source of information that we can depend on for un-biased reporting. None.

All of the prime time news is a joke. I will say that the above article is one of the better jobs done for promoting this reform, however the "facts" are not that black and white. People are giving their interperatations and opinions, which can easily disagreed with in either direction.

I am sorry, but there are too many simple (POSSIBLE) solutions to reform that would have very little potential drawbacks if they didn't work.
-competition across state lines
-torte reform

Most don't realize, that should this evolve into a single payer system, we could very well be powerless against mal-practice.
Is our defense that good? I think so. And the scary part is that the whole team seems to take a sadistic pride in shutting people down. What is Pop feeding them? They looked brainwashed out there, a single minded machine that just eats up their opponents. -----pjrfan