View Single Post
  #1  
Old 08-23-09, 12:32 PM
Dasher's Avatar
Dasher Dasher is offline
Dr. Dash
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 4,799
Houston man dies watching movies on car DVD player in garage

Houston man dies watching movies on car DVD player in garage
05:21 PM CDT on Friday, August 21, 2009
Staff report

HOUSTON – Authorities say that a northwest Houston man who had a habit of watching movies in his car died of carbon monoxide poisoning. Six members of his family were injured.

The ordeal began when Damian Scott, 26, reportedly told his wife at 4:30 a.m. Friday that he was going to the garage to watch movies on his car DVD player. The family's home is located at 10137 Inwood Hollow Lane.

When Scott's wife awoke at 8:30 a.m. she found her husband dead inside the car. The motor was still running, say police.

Scott's wife was soon overcome by the fumes. At that point, police say, a child inside the home called 911.

Scott was declared dead at the scene. Two women, ages 27 and 21, and Scott’s four children fell victim to the fumes. All were taken to the hospital and are in stable condition, say police.


Houston man dies watching movies on car DVD player in garage | Latest News | KENS5.com
Reply With Quote