View Single Post
Old 08-12-09, 01:48 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
You're wrong! There is proof they have been paid for by the GOP! Try again!
Your statement holds no more water than his. Truth is, there is very little you can read or listen to without a certain degree of bias.

10% of the nation does not have health insurance, and about half of those people don't even attempt to attain it. It isn't even a concern. The rest can not afford it. So everyone believes that we should sacrifice our current system to help this small percentage?

The people in these town hall meetings are about as well informed as you can find in the public and are hard working people. I am sure both sides are promoting "staged protests and staged support". Make no mistake everyone of us is going to lose if this passes, maybe not today, but sometime in the future and those that supported it will regret it.

It sounds great that "everyone will be covered", but it's not that simple. I am in health care, and the system now isn't great, but health care isn't cheap and to think that the goverment can provide it for cheap is ignorance. Health insurance can be attainable for most that do not have it, just like so many things in this country it is a matter of priority. Most don't make it a top priority.

I don't know how many young people I have seen (including myself at one time) make a monthly payment for a new car and/or cell phone or whatever else without ever considering they might want health insurance.

I won't say health care is not a right, but at the same time it's not the governments place to dictate distribution of health care to the entire population. With this plan, we will at some point lose the resources and personel to support this type of system and that is when we will see rationing. Trust me, there will not be college students willing to spend another decade of their life along with thousands or hundreds of thousands of dollars to be a part of a profession that is at the mercy of the government and has little reward for that type of investment. The quality of health care and the efficiency of the system will decline. Throw in the aging baby boomers that will still be collecting social security, and it starts to look pretty bad.

Why don't you say something with some substance instead of bashing someone. And I am sorry, but MSNBC, CBS, NYT, and all of the other media sources are no longer credible sources. We should question everything we read or hear and not accept it with blind faith.
Is our defense that good? I think so. And the scary part is that the whole team seems to take a sadistic pride in shutting people down. What is Pop feeding them? They looked brainwashed out there, a single minded machine that just eats up their opponents. -----pjrfan