View Single Post
Old 08-10-09, 02:30 PM
Administrator

George Lopez Visits Purple-Heart Vets

Comedian Made Stop At Brooke Army Medical Center
Comedian George Lopez paid a special visit to a group wounded warriors who were awarded the Purple Heart at Brooke Army Medical Center Friday morning.

Lopez, who is in town for an HBO comedy special, said he likes to support U.S. troops any way he can.

"You know, every chance I get, whether I'm in D.C. or I'm in San Antonio, as a supporter of wounded warriors, I make a point to come and visit the men and women," Lopez said.

Staff Sgt. Kelvin Hunt, Sgts. Torrey Kramer and Juan Santiago Velazquez, Spc. Daniel Delbosque and Pvt. Sean Beck were all honored Friday morning. All five soldiers were stationed in Iraq at the time of their injuries.

Lopez, known for his sometimes over the top behavior on stage, said that if it weren't for the troops securing his freedom of speech, he probably wouldn't be able to act the way he does.

"I'm probably going to say some things that are pretty wild," Lopez said, "but if it wasn't for these people, I wouldn't be able to say those things. So in appreciation, I'm here."

Copyright 2009 by KSAT.com All rights reserved.