View Single Post
Old 07-11-09, 01:47 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Maybe someday it will be proven beyond a reasonable doubt that Jackson was indeed a child molester, but until that day happens and even after it, it's a news man's job to cover the news-- regardless of his opinions.
I went to the original article, and it is clear that Rivard is a columnist, and as such is paid to put his opinions on paper. I share his opinion that neither Michael Jackson's early death nor his musical gift excuses his creepy personal behavior. True that he was never convicted of molestation, nevertheless there is evidence that he behaved improperly with children.

From Ed Bradley's 60 Minutes interview with Michael Jackson:
Quote:
Bradley: "Do you know any other man your age, a 45-year-old man, who shares his bedroom with children?"
Jackson: "Of course. Not for sex. No. That's wrong."
Bradley: "Well, let me-- let me say, from my perspective, my experience, I don't know any 45 year old men, who are not relatives of the children, who share their bedroom with other children."
Jackson: "Well, what's wrong with sharing your bed? I didn't say I slept in the bed. Even if I did sleep in the bed, it's okay. I am not going to do anything sexual to a child. It's not where my heart is. I would never do anything like that. That's not Michael Jackson. I'm sorry. That's someone else."
Jackson Interview Transcript - 60 Minutes - CBS News
In re-reading the transcript of this interview, Jackson clearly says that he saw nothing wrong with sleeping in the same bed with his young overnight guests. I find it horrifying that he freely admits this (with his lawyer present) and am suspicious that he would pay out such large amounts of money if he was innocent of any wrong-doing.

I'm not even going to open the whole "What has he done to his own children?" topic.