Thread: LOL!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 01-10-09, 10:33 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by flox View Post
You do realize that the play was broken, and he had no choice but to shoot it right? I mean I think the play was designed for Diener, we've given him many gamewinning shot attempts, but he got stuck in traffic and Dunleavy couldn't get free, you see him try to pass to Dun before deciding against it so he had no choice but to shoot it, by then it was too late.

I mean really, your going to call out Jeff Foster on THAT?

That play wasn't designed for him to shoot it. I think you are just spoiled by the good plays that Pop draws.
Hey man, it's okay to fault Jeff Foster here, sure the play wasn't drawn up for him, but he has GOT to be more aware of the situation, of the clock, and how much time he has to pass before he has to shoot. He's a long time veteran in this league, and while he rarely gets plays drawn up for him in these situations, he's still got to know that he has a second or two to get a pass off then he has to shoot. If you are going to be on the court in this kind of situation you just have to be aware of what's going on and realize that you, yes you Jeff Foster, may have to take the last shot. Even if it's an awful shot you have to get something up out of your hands.

At the same time, who am I to fault him, no way could I play pro/college/HS basketball, and I doubt I'd be able to do any better in his spot. But he's the pro, it's his job...