View Single Post
Old 01-06-09, 04:47 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLadiesMike View Post
A 13 point win is a slap on the wrist. OU beat Tech by 44 and that's after allowing a last minute TD and running a fullback dive on 4th and goal from the 1 to avoid scoring in the 70s. That's a spanking.

But hey, I still think Tech is better than Ole Miss. With a healthy Crabtree and Harrell, who knows? Since you so easily dismiss Utah's win, I'm dismissing Ole Miss' win.

Finally, bowl matchups don't really prove much. Does anyone think the Pac 10 is the best conference? They went 5-0 in bowls. Does anyone believe the Big XII north is better than the South? They went 3-0 and the South is only 1-2 so far.

What about last year's Cotton Bowl - Missouri - the same weak Missouri team dominated by OU and Texas - trashed Arkansas, who had just beat LSU. The SEC is a bunch of media hype.
So you use that as an example to prove the conference is better? They beat so and so and then lost to so and so? Do you know week to week is different and proves nothing? I mean if you beat a team by 2 points and then another team beats them by 10 or so a week later, does the one who beats them by more is clearly better or did they match up better or just play lights out that week? Some weeks you come to play hard and others teams do not, all depends on which team shows up, injuries and other factors (Matchups as well). If this is the case then Ohio State who the SEC thrashed two years in a row has Texas barely beat them in the bowl game! Does that mean Texas is not very good? Which means OSU is even worse right since they could not beat Ohio State going by your logic? Correct? Big 12 is a bunch of media hype them if you use the logic you used Mike. Let the game be played with your team and worry about that (I will), which conference is better is irrelevant and FLA and OSU is all that matters right now.

BTW Ole Miss who FLA lost to by one thrashed TTU who beat Texas! Guess OLE MISS is better
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLadiesMike View Post
A 13 point win is a slap on the wrist. OU beat Tech by 44 and that's after allowing a last minute TD and running a fullback dive on 4th and goal from the 1 to avoid scoring in the 70s. That's a spanking.

But hey, I still think Tech is better than Ole Miss. With a healthy Crabtree and Harrell, who knows? Since you so easily dismiss Utah's win, I'm dismissing Ole Miss' win.

Finally, bowl matchups don't really prove much. Does anyone think the Pac 10 is the best conference? They went 5-0 in bowls. Does anyone believe the Big XII north is better than the South? They went 3-0 and the South is only 1-2 so far.

What about last year's Cotton Bowl - Missouri - the same weak Missouri team dominated by OU and Texas - trashed Arkansas, who had just beat LSU. The SEC is a bunch of media hype.
Neither win should be dismissed but I agree with all you just said. Oh yeah Utah dominated the line of ALA no doubt, if you use injuries though of Crabtree then ALA's lineman (A projected top 5 pick) and another O lineman being out changed alot right? I mean the line is where you win it right? The thing is injuries suck and they do effect you, but if Bama uses that excuse just say to them you weren't crying when FLA had two D lineman out nor the great Percy Harvin out correct? Part of the game.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.

Last edited by Rzarector7; 01-06-09 at 04:50 PM.