Thread: I made it!!
View Single Post
Old 12-11-08, 03:20 PM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jputnam98942 View Post
WA has a few different types of regions. You've got the westside of the Cascade mountains where it rains a lot & then the eastern side, where I live, that it doesn't rain much at all. Of course, you've got the mountains & forrests which are really pretty. Same goes with much of the westside of the state. The eastern side is mostly dry. The valley that I live in gets around 6 inches of rain a year, and see very few thunder storms. We get some snow in the winter. It's what they call a high desert area. People up there say they get 300 days of sunshine, I haven't exactly counted, but I'll take their word for it. It's all farm country where I'm at. I am in the main growing area of most of this & many other countries apples, pears, cherries, & various other fruits & veggies. We depend on the mountain's snow pack for irrigation water. I'm going to stop myself here, cause I'm going on & on. One of these days I'll post some pictures.

Hey That is a great information. I always thought that the whole WA State have gloomy rainy weather. Some friends I had lived in Portland and told me that it is there so I took it for granted the the whole state is like that.

Very Good info..
One day I will take a Grande Tour around the Whole States and see what lies there..

Again welcome back..There is no place like home so kick back and enjoy the Great SA Holiday season.