View Single Post
Old 04-24-07, 09:00 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
hey, you are right about westboro "baptist" church.......

wikipedia:

"Westboro Baptist Church (WBC) is a controversial U.S. cult headed by Fred Phelps and based in Topeka, Kansas. It runs the websites GodHatesFags.com,[1] GodHatesAmerica.com and others expressing condemnation of homosexuals, Roman Catholics, Muslims, Jews, Swedes, Canadians, Americans, and other groups. The organization is monitored by the Anti-Defamation League,[2] and classified as a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center.[3][4] The group has achieved national notoriety in recent years due to its picketing of funeral processions for soldiers killed in combat, which functions as an extension of the Phelps' anti-United States beliefs."

I could be wrong, but I don't think this church is part of the Southern Baptist Conevntion.....

I wonder who they actually like.....
These people are a laughing stock out here. The father has such a bad reputation he has been disbarred and I think he had to make a deal to never apear in court again in MO or KS so that his kids could keep practicing law...it was something to that extent. (They are all lawyers who focus on, creatively enough, the 1st amendment)