View Single Post
Old 04-14-07, 12:49 PM
Mr. Brightside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairyhandedgent View Post
I'm a Diamondbacks fan (Yankees fans will remember them as the team that kicked their arse in the World Series) not a Red Sox fan.... If the Yankees spent their money more wisely they would have a farm system stocked with young talent. Instead they pay these outrageous salaries (often bidding against only themselves) to big name , little production guys and Yankee fans have little if anything to look forward to in the way of Championships in the foreseeable future.
kicks our ass? it came down to the bottom of the 9th in game 7!!!! they do have a farm system now. it has gotten really developed. what about the sox paying 40 million or so just to talk to dice-k? how about that? that yanks didnt bid against themselves. who was the last big name they got just to have? they needed pitching, so they got pavano, wright, and johnson. what teams wouldnt try to get decent pitching? they needed a outfielder because sheff was hurt, so they got abreu. whats so bad about that? they try to get good players because they have the money to. i have lots to look forward to in "the foreseeable future".