View Single Post
Old 04-13-07, 08:35 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairyhandedgent View Post
Everyone here who thinks Imus isn't a bad guy ...well all I can say is that I hope you never have to explain to your daughter when she comes home crying because her teacher called her a hardcore nappy headed hoe why the teacher isn't a bad person and rap artists are the ones to blame...
Sorry such a delayed response, but I would hope that I will have instilled my daughter with enough confidence and self-respect that the words of another have little-to-no impact on her. As juvenile as it may sound, whatever happened to "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me." Seriously. If my daughter came home crying cause someone called her a name, my simple instruction will be to get over it. No one is powerful enough to break you down with words. No one.

Unless, of course, you look to Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson for your leadership.

If a well-educated college student who has a full scholarship to play basketball at a major institute of higher education isn't self-assured enough to simply get over what some stupid radio hack says, than her issues are beyond the words of Don Imus.