View Single Post
Old 04-09-07, 12:58 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
I wonder if it would have turned out differently if they had done it on a weekend when everyone wasn't rushing off to work or school.
Maybe, but then again maybe not. This afternoon, in an online discussion about the experiment, the author of the article mentioned a somewhat similar experiment that yielded somewhat similar results:

"Before we start with questions, I want to give you this link sent by Helene Jorgensen. Nearly 20 years ago, Bruce Springsteen did a similar thing in Copenhagen, where he joined a street musician to perform "The River." Not many people noticed him, either.

washingtonpost.com: Video of Bruce Springsteen performing on street in Copenhagen

(for some reason the link provided by the Post isn't live here, but it should be if you go to this one: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...l?hpid=artslot and scroll down just a bit)

"Getting a Sixth Man award is like being the best left-handed guard," Ginobili said. "I believe you're either the best player or not." 3-26-07

Last edited by babalanja; 04-09-07 at 01:05 PM.