Thread: Mac commercials
View Single Post
Old 03-13-07, 07:29 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnington View Post
And It would be great to know why my PC's are so vulnerable to crashes and virus, they are old and cheap, but still. I am a very careful user, so I don't know.
It's not your PCs that are so vulnerable by themselves, it's Windows. You won't hear the same security issues with other traditional PC OSes. There are several reasons for this, ranging from intrinsic design issues that are far beyond the scope of this thread, to its much more widespread use and nature. But that is a different topic altogether.

But anyway, as far as hardware goes, it was announced a while ago that from now on your Macs will be based on Intel as well, assembling the same hardware -well, not exactly, but close enough- and selling it with their own OS and applications under their brand. Thus, Macs will no longer be a different hardware platform altogether, so a carefully chosen Intel based CPU will be able to run the OS and applications, which are ultimately the real reason you love Macs so much.
fleetwood macbull (from a Bulls' board), on Andrés "Chapu" Nocioni: "Noc is like that guy from Monty Python. They can cut off his arms, his hands, his feet, then his legs, but he still comes rolling his torso at you like he's going to destroy you"